Thursday, August 20, 2009



I am on vacation this week. What is cool about it is that I have planned lots of physical activities. Not once have I planned to go anywhere to eat. I have not monitored my eating this week but know I have made a lot of healthy choices verses what I would have several months ago. I went hiking with only water - no treats. I ate yogurts when I was craving sweets. I ate half of what I served myself or was served to me. I did eat cake, grilled cheese sandwiches and other things I have given up for the most part.
The thought that I have not lost weight during this 100 day HC has really eaten away at my spirit. I feel I have failed all the people that have worked so hard putting this all together. As I mentioned in my previous posts a lot has changed.
I hope to fight the feeling of failure and continue on trying to become healthier and more active. AND i do hope for a 40 lb weight loss sometime within the next year or so.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Your are not a failure! The scales mean nothing. The one thing I have learned from this 100 day challenge is that scales are not the answer. Since I am an habitual dieter, I thought it would be easy to drop 25 lbs in the 100 days. WRONG. I have lost inches but the scales are barely edging down. However, my clothes are getting looser and I am in smaller sizes. I have heard alot about how muscle weighs more than fat and now I am a believer. I surprise myself when I look in the mirror and see me looking smaller as a person. However, the scales are not down the 25lbs that I thought would just drop off. I have also come to realize that this is a long journey and it is going to take some time getting there. After all, I have been overweight most of my married life (32 years). So, don't think of yourself as a failure. We all have come a long way and need to be congratulated: )