Thursday, August 13, 2009

What do we teach the next generation?



I will be a first time grandma the end of September. FUN!! As we near the end of the 100 days I reflect on what I have learned, how firm I have gotten, how much healthier I eat AND at the scale which shows no weight loss. Am I a failure? Depends how you look at it. Some scales show that people have lost 25 or more pounds.... looking at it that way I am.

What we compare ourselves to is often how we determine that we are a failure. Didn't we learn that we must be a certain body size by looking at what the world found as "beautiful" Some of us can no more change ourself to look that way than we could will ourselves to be able to time travel. Yet as a child we didn't know that...

What are you teaching you children, grandkids etc to compare themselves to? How are you teaching them to just be healthy and to accept that one person's perfect size may be a size one and anothers may be a size 12 etc.

Have you discovered that you just want to be healthy or are you still comparing yourself to someone you have no chance in hell of looking like?

No comments: