Thursday, July 2, 2009

Am I Judging?

I have struggled with weight all my life so I would hope I would never judge anyone. Yet I find myself looking at what people are eating and thinking to myself "If they just knew how many portions they are eating they would just freak out!"
Okay - so I can eat a whole pie in a day (berry or pecan). If I made it last through the whole day and didn't eat too much else I am sure it is okay and it all evens out. That it is until now I realize that 1/20 the of the pie is a serving and that serving has 350 calories in it!!
So - I don't think I am judging........ am I?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh Michelle, I have found myself thinking similar things when I see foods that others are choosing. I've only said certain things to my family hoping they realize the food choices they're making. For example, my son was eating a foot long corn dog with a huge order of onion rings. I was so curious that I had to share the calorie and fat content with him...he didn't care, he's 16 and said "it was worth it."
I promised myself I wouldn't judge others either but do want to find ways to encourage some to make better choices overall and then indulge occasionally. Just save a few calories throughout the day and enjoy that piece of pecan pie. :)