Friday, June 19, 2009

Counting

I am finding it hard to really count up the calories of what I have eaten. I do manage to write down what I eat and I kinda have an idea about what it might be. I do know by looking at the list if I have over eaten or not.

I almost wish that I can just tell someone what I want to eat for the week and then they can tell me how much I get everyday.

As we get better at measuring etc maybe it will all fall into place.

Any good suggestions? What is the easiest for you?



3 comments:

Becky said...

I love reading your blogs. I do not count calories because the only thing that does for me is depress me. And to be honest, I will not count calories for the rest of my life either. What I have done, however, is pay attention to my portion sizes and types of food I am eating. It has been helpful to write things down. On paper sometimes, it doesn't look so good.

You are doing awesome!

Monica said...

Michelle, you really are doing great and definitely have an entertaining blog for us to enjoy.

I agree it's hard to define calories and nutritional content on everything we eat. I decided to eat real simple for breakfast and lunch (snacks too) with things that have nutritional information provided on the package. Doing this and guaging about 600-800 cal among those meals leaves me about 700 calories for dinner. Because I want to continue sharing dinner-time with my family, I can't focus on calories then...just healthy choices and portions.

It's just what I found works for me and hope it gives you an idea or two as well.

Michelle said...

Thanks Becky and Monica! I appreciate your input. I am really focusing on portion sizes more too. We really have to learn to eat in a way that we are going to do for the rest of our lives.. Thanks for your support.