Saturday, June 20, 2009

Emotions this weekend


My dad dies 2 years ago. I have been told I have not put closer on it. Can you ever? Maybe it is because I have lived so far away from home since I was 15. Anyhow. Will deal with the emotions I feel. I am sad today because I am not in California enjoying my god daughter.

It is those emotions that I can not stuff down with my drug of choice - food.

I hate feeling sad - I hate feeling helpless to change reality of family dynamics.
PS: There was cake and ice cream last night. I had some mint tea instead.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm sorry about your Dad, Michelle. I lost my Mom when I was 26 and it is NOT COOL! You are doing great staying strong and resisting those temptations to emotionally eat and you are making great choices - mint tea! Way to go!

Michelle said...

Thanks Brooke - I agree it is NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francine Morrow Keehnel said...

I don't believe the honest people ever "get over" the loss of a close loved one or have closure in this life. Death is an enemy and though we don't have to fear it, we don't have to like it either. I always feel sad on the anniversary of my sister's and niece's deaths. Always will. It's okay. Weight Watchers has taught me many good coping mechanisms, not the least of which is to look at each meal, each snack, each day as an opportunity to make new choices, to accept that some people will sabotage me and I can chose to rise above their treachery and say, "no," or "no, thanks." I'm sorry your daddy died. I miss him too. He was so kind.