Monday, June 8, 2009

Crash and Burn


Before joining the HC I had gotten my body use to exercising. I just needed to up the number of days exercised to 6 instead of 3 - 4. That went good last week. I still need to get more weight lifting etc in.


Food wise - now that is a different story! Last week started off good but ended in a crash and burn. I would have to say my crash and burn was worse than normal. We were told by the dietitian - Jenny (Is that right? Think so.) to try and shorten our turn around time. So if we screw up try and get right back into it instead of waiting several days, weeks or months.


So..................... I am back on the band wagon today. I use favorite scriptures to remind me that God is in control and not my appetite. Last night and this morning did a study on His strength that is available. Nice to know I can rely on His and not mine!


Each one of us that is in the HC has our own methods of conquering whatever it is that is causing us to be unhealthy. It is great to share our thoughts and methods as a way of helping each other learn new habits as we travel the road to a healthier heart.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Michelle, you're going to do great and I'm glad we're in this together. Dont' worry about the crash & burn...we'll all take our turns. you're right that the turnaround needs to happen fast though and you did it! Jessica (our nutritionist) would be so pleased!

Brooke said...

Great post Michelle! Love the cartoon too!

Michelle said...

Thanks ya all!

Francine Morrow Keehnel said...

Peer support is really one of the best lifestyle modification strategies. You got it goin/ on, Girl! /fmk