Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Making it all work



I love the magazines that have all these ideas of healthy eating tips. Using applesauce in recipes instead of oil, sauteing in 1/2 water and 1/2 oil and so and so forth. THEN at the back of the magazine are all these fat laden, sugar filled, gooey, luscious looking deserts! What the heck???????????????? So.... the trick is to find healthy deserts to satisfy that sweet tooth I get at the end of every day. My favorite so far is Greek yogurt with a bit of honey and the frozen mixed fruit (thawed a bit) strawberries, peaches, mango and pineapple.

1 comment:

Francine Morrow Keehnel said...

Yum! Love the frozen fruit! Sometimes I put Splenda™ & 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fat-free half & half on mixed berries. It's like guilt-free ice cream. Greek yogurt is delicious (tho a bit pricey). I've discovered reduced fat yogurt is creamier than fat-free and still has the same dietary value. For a sweet crunch, I enjoy mixing in (or sprinkling on) 1/4 cup low-fat granola & a TBSP or so of dried cranberries or blueberries. Bottoms up! /fmk