Friday, June 26, 2009

Jump Rope

I did a bit of research regarding jump roping - I was relieved to see how we need to work up to 3 minutes. I totally dislike jump ing rope but I do want to get up to 3 minutes. Guess it is a pride thing. BUT my knees are killing me.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Those new to jump roping should plan to master the skill of jumping rope first, before thinking of it as a conditioning tool. A beginner can start with short jump rope sessions several times each week, working up to jumping for 3-5 minutes three times a week. A boxer uses a jump rope as a tool for conditioning and a boxing round is 3 minutes, so 3 minute rounds are something good to strive for.

As the body gets conditioned a workout might look like this:

1. Jump Rope for 3 minutes

2. Rest for 60 seconds

3. Complete 5 rounds



Read more: http://fitness.suite101.com/article.cfm/jump_rope_for_exercise#ixzz0JYqJWiTO&C

http://www.monet.k12.ca.us/Lakewood/images/Clipart/JumpRope_clipart.gif

3 comments:

regina said...

jump rope is HARD, you are doing so good!!!! i don't think i could, or would want to, give up my habits. give me time. lots and lots and lots of time.

thanks for being who you are, you and jeff are so appreciated by me.

Michelle said...

Thanks Regina! You girl get your exercise all the time! If I was as active as you I wouldn't have to give up so much!

I am a better person because I know you! Keep being you. You is awesome!

Monica said...

Jump roping was much harder than I thought it would be and it's a good workout too. I bet your calves were very sore all weekend long. You worked hard and it was a fun morning to be together.

You're doing great and it's fun to share ideas throughout this challenge.